The Sales Manager is responsible for prospecting and generating sales of Porta Kleen products and services to potential and existing customers within an assigned territory. Target markets include construction, manufacturing, industrial, municipal and events in general.
- Work within an assigned territory to maximize Porta Kleen’s strategic market presence. Leverage business contacts and an “on-site” presence to differentiate ourselves from our competition.
- Generate leads by identifying companies or “targets” that might be interested in Porta Kleen’s equipment or services by using available resources.
- Identify potential customers from these leads, consistent with Porta Kleen’s market and business objectives.
- Investigate and qualify your prospect to familiarize yourself with the key decision maker, the organization, their needs and means in preparing for your initial contact.
- While building rapport, plan and execute sales calls and presentations to potential or current customers by identifying their needs, “pains”…Who, What, Where, When, How, etc.
- Build solutions based proposals and provide detailed, accurate and timely quotes that are consistent with Porta Kleen’s policies.
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods, communicate our proposal directly to the key decision maker either in person or by phone.
- Handle price objections and negotiate terms and conditions with customers. Finalize needs and pricing.
- Secure the customer’s commitment, execute contracts, process orders, manage client’s payment status, and follow-up when required.
- Using available technology (“CRM”) to maintain detailed and timely records of all sales activity. Be prepared to report on sales status on a regular basis.
- Achieve agreed upon revenue and profit goals.
- Maintain excellent customer relations through follow-up contacts and interaction, i.e. phone, e-mail, attending key events, etc.
- Minimum of 2 years outside sales experience, business-to- business with a proven record of accomplishment.
- High School diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Must be willing to work weekends, evenings, and Holidays as necessary and in a non-traditional setting with limited travel.
- Valid Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must have strong computer skills; Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Word.
- Proficient in Microsoft CRM or similar Customer Relationship Management software.
- Communication/Written Communication- Expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations (including nonverbal communication), adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. Expressing ideas clearly in documents that have organization, structure, grammar, language, and terminology in a clear and germane manner.
- Quality Orientation/Attention to Detail- Accomplishing tasks through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking your work, processes, and tasks and organizational policy.
- Judgment/Problem Solving- Committing an action after developing alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information learned from the customer while talking into consideration Porta Kleen policies and methods.
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communications methods to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity and ultimately a proposal from prospects and clientele.
- Initiative- Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Adaptability/Flexibility/Tolerance for Stress- Maintaining effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people. Maintaining stable performance under pressure and/or opposition (such as time constraints or job ambiguity). Relieving stress in a manner that is acceptable to you, others, and the organization.